Greetings MNS members!
Our intrepid MNS Miri outdoor enthusiasts will be hiking to Dinding waterfall at Lambir National Park this Saturday. This hike will be led by Peter Pillai.
Details for the activity are as follows:
Date: Saturday, 31st July 2010
Time: 7 am at Taman Awam (for those who wish to carpool) or 7.30 am at Lambir Park HQ.
The hike duration will typically take around 6 hours return depending on pace. The trail will be undulating for the most part, with several uphill and steep sections along the way. A reasonable amount of fitness is required to tackle this hike.
For those who wish to participate, please bring along the following items:
- Water to last for the whole 6 hours (3 liters is adequate). Alternatively you can refill your bottles at Dinding waterfall, but please use water purification tablets for this purpose.
- Energy gels and electrolytes to replenish your sodium levels. These will prevent you from getting muscle cramps due to excessive sweating.
- Insect repellent.
- High energy food (nuts, granola bars, chocolates).
- Shoes with good traction (flip-flops and sandals are strongly discouraged).
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- Swim gear if you wish to take a dip in the waterfall.
- RM10 for park entrance fee.
- A sense of humor and a can-do attitude! :)